PDA

View Full Version : Mac Newbie Here

Le Fumeur
07-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Hi,
I am purchasing an iMac 20" this week. I am a PC user. I am very excited!

macpwns
07-03-2006, 01:35 AM
congradulations on the soon to be new mac. youll love it and wont wanna switch back.

coach_z
07-03-2006, 02:35 AM
congratulations!!!!!
-chris

mrfu
07-03-2006, 06:10 AM
It's a wonderful feeling the day it arrives.

eon.
07-03-2006, 12:16 PM
hehe I'm in the same boat as you, my 20" iMac should be here on Wednesday! woot!

asolo
07-03-2006, 04:47 PM
hehe I'm in the same boat as you, my 20" iMac should be here on Wednesday! woot!

I'm coming on three weeks with mine. Many years with PC's so there is a learning curve for me (kinda like learning any new language) but pretty much every discovery is something that seems to me to be better/easier than same with PC. The thing I'm liking best overall is that the machine just sits there and runs. My learning isn't compromised by a troublesome machine or OS in the process. It's a different world. Liking it so far. (Other machine is Pentium 4; 3.4; XPhome; clean and fast -- but the iMac is faster)

Must put in a plug for AppleCare and ProCare. My few enquiries to AppleCare have been taken quickly and answered completely by a competent English-speakers. My weekly sessions via ProCare at the Apple Store using my own machine and addressing my own personal concerns with my own data have been Godsends. Whatever points of confusion I encounter, I simply note down and the next session gets me unconfused. I have been VERY impressed with this manner of doing business. These words from a skeptic/cynic that brings more than a decade of computer-anxiety along with me.

LaurenSmitty
07-03-2006, 06:59 PM
yay congrats! I am getting my very first mac too. It should be here Thursday! it is a 17'' imac. I am sooo excited! I just checked and it is in Alaska right now, and only has to get to Texas, im hoping maybe it will get here on wed instead of thursday.