• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Urgent - Mouseover Tooltip for Mac IE

D

Devo00

Hi, not sure if this is the right forum for my query? I'm a web designer, working on an image gallery website. I need a mouseover text effect code that works on all Mac browsers, so that when viewing this image gallery on a Mac, and rolling over each gallery image with your mouse, the text description (title) of the image pops up, as you do this.

I was recommended a dhtml tooltip - which seemed to work fine on Mac in Safari - but not in Internet Explorer on the Mac, where the little box around the text seems to roam around the webpage, and away from the text description! Well this is what I was told by my friend, who tested it for me on her Mac, as I myself only have a pc to view it on. Not sure which version of IE the tester was using, maybe it works in some versions of Explorer....

Does anyone know a simple text script that works on all Mac browsers, or has time to look at my webpage on a Mac in Explorer and see hopw it comes out for them? This is very urgent, and I would appreciate help ALOT! (if anyone can!) Many thanks!!!

The tooltip script located at:
http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex5/dhtmltooltip.htm

Example Webpage at: bohomedia.com/stone-sculpture/mac3.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.