Looking for a certain program

K

kram941100

Ok back about 5 years ago I went to this tech school and went through all the different programs they had there and in one of them, probly graphic design we used a program where we drew an image on paper, scanned it, then was able to trace it on the computer and edit it further. Anyone know of a program like this out there for Macs still?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Adobe Illustrator can do this. It's called the LiveTrace function.

OP
K

kram941100

K so i got that program and can do sum pretty cool thinkgs on it but the program i used u traced the image ur self so you had more control of the tracin, if anyone has any otha ideas on programs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
kram941100 said:
K so i got that program and can do sum pretty cool thinkgs on it but the program i used u traced the image ur self so you had more control of the tracin, if anyone has any otha ideas on programs.
You can trace it by hand in Illustrator, too. Just lock the picture to the artboard and away you go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
If you want a free one, Inkscape (running under X11) has a variety of trace functions. They're not up to the same standard as Illustrator, but they're free and pretty reliable.

OP
S

slimeyapple

Adobe Streamline may be the app you had used 'back then'. I honestly don't even know if it is a stand-alone application now that Illustrator has the live trace feature.
--
Thanks for the tip on Inkscape, I'll check that out since I like to pen-and-ink drawings to use.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.