Did you switch because of bootcamp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz Intel i7 W/16GB Ram & 256GB SSD
I'm curious to see how many of you switched because of bootcamp and never installed Windows?

I'll be the first. I even bought two Windows XP disks (one for me and one for my wifes Macbook) and never used it. I got so hooked on OSX that I don't think i will need it.

Anyone else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 12" iBook G4 1.07 GHz
i switched about a month before boot camp. i was having a few regrets about switching, mostly related to the lack of games, but boot camp made most of those thoughts disappear. i use xp solely for games, which it does fantastically, and i use osx for everything else, which it does fantastically. i actually haven't booted into windows in a week.

Reaction score
I had an Apple about a 4 months before they even annouced switch intel, but if it wasn't for Boot Camp, I would have never bought such an expensive one.

edit: I have Windows on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06
I am in the process of switching. I switched because my XP laptop had to be sent back under warranty because of faulty hardware. I plan on using my new iMac and XP HP laptop side by side because there are certain things that each will do well. I will wait for Leopard to run both operating systems on the same machine.

But part of the selling point of the new iMac for me was being at MicroCenter and having the saleswoman show me how Boot Camp works. I have never seen a more amazing Windows XP machine than the 17" MBP (and I have recently purchased some top of the line Dell Laptops for a client that I thought were the bomb). XP booted up and was usable in less than 30 seconds (compared to over a minute even on the new Dells). The screen was so vivid and bright and while some will argue that Windows is an ugly interface, it was the prettiest XP has ever looked to me. Not only that, but the system was quiet and the machine was cool when I was running speed test java applets (which usually heats up my HP and causes the fan to go nuts).

That said, I think Boot Camp - even in beta - is pretty amazing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
I used to only use windows at work for some windows only apps (instrumentation control software mainly). Now that there is bootcamp I will start using Windows at home for a few things. So, in that sense, I have 'switched' because of bootcamp. I know that isn't what you meant, but that's how its playing out for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4GHz (AL) iMac+
I just posted in the Mac Book that I went it because of Boot Camp...thinking of buying PC Notebook...!!!

*this is the 3rd Mac in the house

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook w/ 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo 512MB memory & SuperDrive
If my wife didn't need windows to run 1 piece of software for her job we never would have installed it.

Standard windows laptop can't compare to a MacBook

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.