iTunes transfer help

S

storyoftheghost

Ok, I was running windows 2000 and now i ahve a MBP...what is the easiest way to get my itunes from the pc to the mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
if you have an ipod i would put all the music on it and use senuti to put everything on your macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
use finder to get to your win2k box (open a share if necessary) then drag the entire contents of the iTunes directory into iTunes on the mac. By default this will copy all the files across and index them into iTunes.

OP
S

storyoftheghost

sweet! but now that i think about it, i may buy an external hd for all my music and pictures so that i dont take up all my space on my hd. i have 20+gb of music haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
If you have an external hard drive, simply copy your ENTIRE PC iTunes folder over to it. Now move the external disk to your Mac, and OVERWRITE your existing Mac iTunes folder with the one from the hard disk. Start up iTunes and all is well - music, play lists, everything. I did this very thing about a month ago when I got my first Mac. Worked like a charm. Enjoy!

OP
S

Squeee223

I used senuti, but when it was done it left out about 400 songs, wuts the deal

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.