Is it just me, or has this thread grown?

Reaction score
Been here since November when I got my Powerbook. It seems like the Switcher hangout has grown exponentially since then. It's really good to see. I knew I should've bought that Apple stock last year!!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Yes, I am sure it has. As one of the new switchers, I wonder how the longtime "Apple faithful" must regard us. I am sure that we are a mixed blessing.

Yes, it is great to see the renewed interest in Apple computers, and the increasing numbers of new users. It nice to see the acknowledgement that you have been right all along.

However, if the numbers get large enough, the exclusiveness of the "Mac club" will be watered down, and of course, the more people there are on Macs the more targets there are to incent hackers and virus writers to attempt to break down Mac OS X's vaunted defenses.

Personally, and selfishly, I feel that I have joined an exclusive society in joining the family of Mac users and I am in no rush to see the rest of the world follow suit. Let the "great unwashed" stay out there with their PCs and their virus' and their 20 security updates a week. I am lovin it here in Mac-land!

Reaction score
As long as new switchers can savour the mac and see the true values behind this computing philosophy I think they are very welcome. What I personally dislike is if people buy macs to put windows on it primarily. A Mac is not a computer with an OS. It's a computing solution. Complete and One. Closed.

Switching itself is hard for anyone not accustomed to Linux or anyone who is too used to windows. Even if it's a tech geek.

Simple things like using iPhoto instead of meddling with folders of photos, or using iTunes instead of meddling with mp3 files in the finder are concepts switchers sually have difficulty grasping.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Yeah, it has grown.
But don't "switch". Use different operating systems in unity.
There is no reason to ditch one OS for another. Each has its own unique qualities.
So don't look at it as "switching"....look at is as "expanding" your horizons.
:black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.