PDA

View Full Version : applecare

LaurenSmitty
06-23-2006, 10:35 PM
Is it worth the extra money to get the extended warrenty with my new comp?

PunkRockTuba
06-23-2006, 10:38 PM
If you are buying a laptop, I definitely believe it's worth it, mine has already paid for itself, more than a few times. My powerbook had to have over $3,000 in repair for a pretty rare problem, and because I had applecare I didnt have to pay a cent. The applecare has been the absolute best thing I have purchased for my computer.

coltssaturday
06-23-2006, 10:56 PM
Yes, it is recommend and you are buying an iMac if i am right, then it is only $169.00. So that is not a lot of money for a FULL 3 year protection for the product.

I would recommend it highly.

voodoodaddy
06-23-2006, 11:20 PM
You have a whole year to decide. You dont have to buy it at the same time you get the new hardware. That's what I'm doing. I just paid almost $2k for 2 new macs, I cringe at the thought of another $350-400 for applecare at the outset. Will ante up in a few months though.

LaurenSmitty
06-23-2006, 11:48 PM
well im getting my computer and anything else with a military discount of 17 percent off so I may as well get it now since the offer expires soon. I think its probably best to get it too. Thanks :)

PunkRockTuba
06-24-2006, 12:01 AM
I think its better to get it and hope you never need it, rather than not get it and wish you did. Plus youre getting a discount so you cant beat that.

iRizzo
06-24-2006, 12:08 AM
I say yes. I bought it for my MacBook Pro. Besides the fact that if something goes wrong with your computer Apple will fix it for free, I think that it provides a sort of reassurance. Knowing that it's covered by a warranty makes you feel a little better since you know that it's no big deal if it were to break. It's like purchasing an extended warranty for your vehicle.

coltssaturday
06-24-2006, 12:08 AM
well im getting my computer and anything else with a military discount of 17 percent off so I may as well get it now since the offer expires soon. I think its probably best to get it too. Thanks :)

With the 17 percent discount you should buy it.

Thats a lot of discount. :spook:

schweb
06-24-2006, 07:27 AM
And I bet if you do a search on this forum for Applecare you'll find a bunch of threads where this question was already answered.

Search is your friend! ;)