PDA

View Full Version : limited bluetooth

shimanok2
06-23-2006, 12:52 PM
are there any bluetooth phones that will work with isync (or can be made to work with isync) that have full bluetooth usage. i have verizon and it seems that all of their bluetooth phones only allow syncing contacts and the address book. what about pictures and music? thanks

kaidomac
06-23-2006, 01:00 PM
I have a Motorola v710 from Verizon. I can use it as a modem via Bluetooth. I can sync contacts via USB. Anything else requires a hack. Verizon is well-known for crippling the Bluetooth capabilities of their phones. However, Verizon has such good reception in New England that I'm not too concern with transferring photos or music. If your phone supports a TransFlash card, you can use that to copy photos and mp3s. You can also email them to yourself or put them in PixPlace or whatever Verizon's service is called. What kind of phone do you have? Also, a good place for lots of cell phone info is Howard Forums, the main cell phone forum site on the Internet:

http://www.howardforums.com/

shimanok2
06-23-2006, 01:29 PM
I have a Motorola v710 from Verizon. I can use it as a modem via Bluetooth. I can sync contacts via USB. Anything else requires a hack. Verizon is well-known for crippling the Bluetooth capabilities of their phones. However, Verizon has such good reception in New England that I'm not too concern with transferring photos or music. If your phone supports a TransFlash card, you can use that to copy photos and mp3s. You can also email them to yourself or put them in PixPlace or whatever Verizon's service is called. What kind of phone do you have? Also, a good place for lots of cell phone info is Howard Forums, the main cell phone forum site on the Internet:

http://www.howardforums.com/

i have the v710 like you. i was wondering if its just the 710 or all verizon bluetooth phones.

cazabam
06-23-2006, 01:53 PM
All the Sony Ericsson phones I have work with full bluetooth support, although I am in the UK. I have heard that US operators cripple certain phone features? Some UK operators have done similar in the past, but they lost so much business they stopped. Maybe getting a 'sim free' phone with no firmware hacks would be the best bet?

Rcadden
06-23-2006, 03:28 PM
Only US CDMA Operators cripple bluetooth (Sprint and Verizon) Cingular and T-mobile both have fully uncrippled Bluetooth. Ah, the beauty of GSM :) But that's opening another can of worms, for another forums.