Printer wont work

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
I have an HP Deskjet 940C. I plugged it into my iMac and then tried to print something. The printer was selected but then nothing printed. I then went to HP's website and downloaded the drivers for this printer and then went to print again..only this time there was no sign of the printer. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I generally point people to the LinuxPrinting.org Mac OS X page for HP printers: http://www.linuxprinting.org/macosx/hpijs/

I've had nothing but trouble from the official HP driver (including SERIOUS system performance degradation) and no problems from the hpijs ones :)

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
How can I uninstall or remove the HP drivers I've already installed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
According to the HP readme there should be an uninstall option in the installer you used to install the drivers in the first place. Failing that, check what apps it has installed or the HP support pages for how to remove them.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
An uninstaller didnt come with the installer. Pretty lame...I hope I dont see a "system performance degradation" as you did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think they may have fixed the performance degradation problem. The HP site only refers to Mac OS X 10.2.2 being affected, although I am running 10.4.6 and removing the HP driver (manually, by deleting files directly from the filesystem - ick) solved it. I've not heard of anyone else having this problem though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.