What would you like for Apple to improve first?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Which minor OS X app would you like to see Apple improve first?

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
I never use any of the apps except iChat, lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Tabs + iChat = Love

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
iChat....i don't think too many people use the other applicaitions anyway...

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I voted for ical, because, yes.... i actually use it.. I don't use ichat, i use adium, but I guess if they really improved Ichat to be better then adium, i would possibly switch over, lol

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I voted for iChat. I love it overall but it would be interesting if they gave it Yahoo suppport without using Jabber, and like has already been said, Tabs would be nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2ghz Core Duo Macbook, 2ghz RAM, 60gb Hard drive, SuperDrive
I've had problems getting video conferencing to work with iChat to work -- so that would be a plus if they could fix that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone
iChat so that it supports MSN with video/audio sessions as well as transfering files. But Adium is great in the meantime, though it's missing those two features as well, I like it better then the other clients I've tried.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
iSync. Come one, I can't sync my PocketPC to a Mac? That's bull. Yes, I am aware of Missing Sync and PocketMac. Neither does the job.

Calculator...keep trying, you'll get it right eventually. But ****, it's just a freaking calculator.

Finder. cmdX in addition to cmdC and V. It's just common sense, it works that way in other applications for Mac, too; not just in Windows Explorer.
Read/Write mounting of remote FTP folders as network drives. Pretty please?
Integrate a zip/rar utility, while you're at it. StuffIt is too buggy for my taste.

Safari? Throw it away and pre-install Ffx with AdBlock Plus. Send the developers some $$$, too. Speaking of which, searching the Web from within other apps still calls up Safari, not my preferred browser. Fix that.

Apple Mail. Needs to get a better junk filter. Compare to the one in Outlook 2003 latest SP. "Accept only mail from TLDs you choose" Killfile .ru and .kr, and you got rid of 90% of all junk.

iChat. Needs support for other networks. Really, I actually do know people who don't use Macs. Most of them, actually.

And bit less annoying, intrusive badgering to sign up for a .mac account in various.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
iCal for me too!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
I have only two problems at the moment.

* Mail.app IMAP folder support - seriously, this is just a mess. You can't subscribe/unsubscribe. If you drag a sub-folder to the top level you can't move it back AND you lose all mail in it (try it on a 'spare' folder and be terrified). Basically, I just use Thunderbird instead.

* Mount SSH as a filesystem in Finder. I know this sounds nonsensical, but Nautilus (part of the Gnome desktop I use on my PCs) lets you mount ssh:// filesystems. This essentially works like a graphical sftp client, but includes the ability to load files directly off the remote machine over ssh. It's very useful indeed as it means you don't need to use any potentially incompatible network file systems (and NFS is pants).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook G4 / 12" PowerBook G4 x 2
I vote for iChat too! I use Adium now and I wish iChat works that way and without using a third party account. Using Jabber with iChat... Yahoo server hardly accept it. Than, it gets complicated.

I'd like to see the Address Book to improve too but all's good! More power to all! :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo 1 GB RAM OS 10.4.6
If you guys want tabs in iChat, and many more advanced features we all wish would be part of it, get Kent Sutherland's Chax. Here's a link: http://www.ksuther.com/chax/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
themacuser said:
If you guys want tabs in iChat, and many more advanced features we all wish would be part of it, get Kent Sutherland's Chax. Here's a link: http://www.ksuther.com/chax/

I tried Chax.. it's nice to add more details to iChat but I still wish it's easier to add accounts instead of adding it from Address Book. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
iChat:

Tabs (without installing Chax because to me this is very basic) & no more multiple windows for jabber/bonjor/aim/etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual core 20" iMac | 2GB RAM | 256MB ATI Radeon | 500GB HD | anticipated delivery: 7/3/06 -> 7/11/06
I vote for improving Finder. I would like to see additional views of my file system that are more *gasp* Windows-like. Because I do a lot of web programming, I would like to see a tree view of directories. Also, I would like to see a details view of a list of files where I can see file size, image dimensions, date created, etc at a glance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sarahsboy18 said:
iChat:

Tabs (without installing Chax because to me this is very basic) & no more multiple windows for jabber/bonjor/aim/etc.

I agree.. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
sarahsboy18 said:
iChat:

the boarder around ichats application is too big also, I wish it took up as much space as some of adiums themes

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.