PDA

View Full Version : What would you like for Apple to improve first?

schweb
06-15-2006, 08:24 PM
Which minor OS X app would you like to see Apple improve first?

BiT
06-15-2006, 08:27 PM
I never use any of the apps except iChat, lol

surfwax95
06-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Tabs + iChat = Love

macAttack
06-15-2006, 09:33 PM
iChat....i don't think too many people use the other applicaitions anyway...

BiT
06-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Tabs + iChat = Love

i wish it had tabs.

PowerBookG4
06-15-2006, 11:11 PM
I voted for ical, because, yes.... i actually use it.. I don't use ichat, i use adium, but I guess if they really improved Ichat to be better then adium, i would possibly switch over, lol

dtravis7
06-15-2006, 11:20 PM
I voted for iChat. I love it overall but it would be interesting if they gave it Yahoo suppport without using Jabber, and like has already been said, Tabs would be nice.

Pierre
06-15-2006, 11:42 PM
I've had problems getting video conferencing to work with iChat to work -- so that would be a plus if they could fix that.

iPodJon120
06-16-2006, 10:00 AM
iChat so that it supports MSN with video/audio sessions as well as transfering files. But Adium is great in the meantime, though it's missing those two features as well, I like it better then the other clients I've tried.

Kar98
06-16-2006, 05:09 PM
iSync. Come one, I can't sync my PocketPC to a Mac? That's bull. Yes, I am aware of Missing Sync and PocketMac. Neither does the job.

Calculator...keep trying, you'll get it right eventually. But ****, it's just a freaking calculator.

Finder. cmdX in addition to cmdC and V. It's just common sense, it works that way in other applications for Mac, too; not just in Windows Explorer.
Read/Write mounting of remote FTP folders as network drives. Pretty please?
Integrate a zip/rar utility, while you're at it. StuffIt is too buggy for my taste.

Safari? Throw it away and pre-install Ffx with AdBlock Plus. Send the developers some $$$, too. Speaking of which, searching the Web from within other apps still calls up Safari, not my preferred browser. Fix that.

Apple Mail. Needs to get a better junk filter. Compare to the one in Outlook 2003 latest SP. "Accept only mail from TLDs you choose" Killfile .ru and .kr, and you got rid of 90% of all junk.

iChat. Needs support for other networks. Really, I actually do know people who don't use Macs. Most of them, actually.

And bit less annoying, intrusive badgering to sign up for a .mac account in various.

Dillinger-63
06-16-2006, 05:29 PM
iCal for me too!

cazabam
06-16-2006, 05:37 PM
I have only two problems at the moment.

* Mail.app IMAP folder support - seriously, this is just a mess. You can't subscribe/unsubscribe. If you drag a sub-folder to the top level you can't move it back AND you lose all mail in it (try it on a 'spare' folder and be terrified). Basically, I just use Thunderbird instead.

* Mount SSH as a filesystem in Finder. I know this sounds nonsensical, but Nautilus (part of the Gnome desktop I use on my PCs) lets you mount ssh:// filesystems. This essentially works like a graphical sftp client, but includes the ability to load files directly off the remote machine over ssh. It's very useful indeed as it means you don't need to use any potentially incompatible network file systems (and NFS is pants).

geminifiend
06-17-2006, 08:01 PM
I vote for iChat too! I use Adium now and I wish iChat works that way and without using a third party account. Using Jabber with iChat... Yahoo server hardly accept it. Than, it gets complicated.

I'd like to see the Address Book to improve too but all's good! More power to all! :headphone

themacuser
06-17-2006, 11:04 PM
If you guys want tabs in iChat, and many more advanced features we all wish would be part of it, get Kent Sutherland's Chax. Here's a link: http://www.ksuther.com/chax/

geminifiend
06-17-2006, 11:51 PM
If you guys want tabs in iChat, and many more advanced features we all wish would be part of it, get Kent Sutherland's Chax. Here's a link: http://www.ksuther.com/chax/

I tried Chax.. it's nice to add more details to iChat but I still wish it's easier to add accounts instead of adding it from Address Book. :black:

sarahsboy18
06-18-2006, 12:08 AM
iChat:

Tabs (without installing Chax because to me this is very basic) & no more multiple windows for jabber/bonjor/aim/etc.

MacWill
07-28-2006, 06:24 PM
I would like to see Ical improved upon the most.

studio34
07-28-2006, 06:36 PM
I vote for improving Finder. I would like to see additional views of my file system that are more *gasp* Windows-like. Because I do a lot of web programming, I would like to see a tree view of directories. Also, I would like to see a details view of a list of files where I can see file size, image dimensions, date created, etc at a glance.

geminifiend
08-17-2006, 01:37 AM
iChat:

Tabs (without installing Chax because to me this is very basic) & no more multiple windows for jabber/bonjor/aim/etc.

I agree.. :black:

Graphite
08-17-2006, 12:09 PM
iChat:

the boarder around ichats application is too big also, I wish it took up as much space as some of adiums themes

coach_z
08-18-2006, 02:36 AM
i would like to change my vote to other, i would like apple to require an iq test to make sure that people are smart enough to purchase a mac before they go ahead and purchase one.
-chris

mwright
08-20-2006, 02:51 PM
i would like to change my vote to other, i would like apple to require an iq test to make sure that people are smart enough to purchase a mac before they go ahead and purchase one.
-chris

What do you mean by this exactly?..

Graphite
08-20-2006, 04:14 PM
What do you mean by this exactly?..

hes just making a joke.

Kar98
08-26-2006, 12:14 PM
iSync. Come one, I can't sync my PocketPC to a Mac? That's bull. Yes, I am aware of Missing Sync and PocketMac. Neither does the job.

Calculator...keep trying, you'll get it right eventually. But ****, it's just a freaking calculator.

Finder. cmdX in addition to cmdC and V. It's just common sense, it works that way in other applications for Mac, too; not just in Windows Explorer.
Read/Write mounting of remote FTP folders as network drives. Pretty please?
Integrate a zip/rar utility, while you're at it. StuffIt is too buggy for my taste.

Safari? Throw it away and pre-install Ffx with AdBlock Plus. Send the developers some $$$, too. Speaking of which, searching the Web from within other apps still calls up Safari, not my preferred browser. Fix that.

Apple Mail. Needs to get a better junk filter. Compare to the one in Outlook 2003 latest SP. "Accept only mail from TLDs you choose" Killfile .ru and .kr, and you got rid of 90% of all junk.

iChat. Needs support for other networks. Really, I actually do know people who don't use Macs. Most of them, actually.

And bit less annoying, intrusive badgering to sign up for a .mac account.

"Print selection".
iSync for PocketPC
Boolean searches for Spotlight (search for "badger" but not within files, and not in Excel files, for instance)
I still want Finder to do CTRL-X (cutting files)
Calculator needs separator commas (1,000,000,000 instead of 1000000000), at least optional. Amongst other annoyances, like start up time for a simple calculator.

b dub
09-09-2006, 08:50 AM
Other - Games :)

christm
09-09-2006, 09:32 AM
i would use iChat if it supported msn contacts. but until that i use aMSN.