OH MY GOD i am screwed, please help

S

ssmangrove

Please please help me! I have a final due tomorrow in class and my mac decided to screw up. It was probably my fault. anyways, when i turn it on, it shows a black screen with white writing asking for my login. its very ms dos looking. I have an Ibook g4 12" with os x tiger 10.4. so i log in and then it says welcome to darwin! but i have no idea how to do anything with it. i just need to get my final out of my computer, print it up, and then i can junk my mac or restore everything for all i care. PLEASE help me! I'm taking a shot in the dark but I am hoping someone out there can help me. Please?

Nick

OP
S

ssmangrove

anyone? im sorry to keep bumping this but i really need help. its not even funny. this is the difference between another year of community college and getting into the UC system.. someone please help me!!

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
you may be in single user mode, look up more information on that

OP
S

ssmangrove

i tied booting from dvd and it keeps returning me to the dos looking screen. However, I just tried it and held "c" through the apple loading screen, and it brought up the system restore/install fresh copy of osx on it. this is strange. i have done this exact same thing probably a hundred times, but this time it decides to work? I don't get it. Lucky me, i barely had enough room to do system restore AND archive all of the original files. So it looks like i WONT be screwed after all. Thanks for your replies guys, and my apologies to the admin/moderator.

OP
S

ssmangrove

btw exhangin: is that your EVO? if so, nice car. Just sold my S2k and hope to pick up a WRX before I transfer but may consider evo. anyways, off topic. adios

Reaction score
Indiana; there's more than just corn here
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 1.67 MHz
Sadly I do not have the photography skills (or camera!) to capture a picture of my evo that would look that good but yes thats the same model and whatnot. I would love to own an S2K, much respect for that car. They are in the same autocross class as the Evo and the best A-Stock driver in our region drives an S2000. Such a balanced car, it may not have as much power as my car but I would love to go road racing with it. I bet the handling is phenomenal. I considered buying one in 2003 but the Evo was too good of a deal to pass up, not to mention its really practical.

Speaking of buying cars my brother is looking into getting a car, i'll have to let him know you are selling your S2K.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 " Intel iMac, 60 GB 5th Gen iPod 12300+ Songs
WHat did you get on your final...did you get into college haha

OP
S

ssmangrove

Craignb,

Got accepted into UC Davis, SFSU, UCLA and SSU, 4 of 4, w00t! Final was aced. Oh, and the Mac works. :D Thanks all

Reaction score
Gotta do your backups, right :) We all never do backups until something like that happens. I always have my stuff on my iPod and synced with our windows pc (i have a golden folder there).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
ssmangrove said:
Craignb,

Got accepted into UC Davis, SFSU, UCLA and SSU, 4 of 4, w00t! Final was aced. Oh, and the Mac works. :D Thanks all

Congrats on getting accepted to college.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.