MBP 17" & OSX First Impressions

Reaction score
Cliff Notes: MBP is amazing, Way better than i expected. Go apple! God Mac Forums.... Go OSX..... Im a happy switcher, i cant wait till i further learn the ins and outs of this amazing os and computer.

Allright. well i got my brand spankn new mac book pro 17" last night 2 gigs of ram 120 gig hard drive. and i was stoked. I hustled to the computer store after work and picked up a might mouse, and a wireless router... i ran up stairs, saw the brown box on my bed..... i told my self to get my wireless network up before i opened thebox.... so i plugged the router in, ran through the set up, half way through i couldnt take it anymore. opened the box up and saw the black beauty of a box.... i love apple, because the way they package things makes me happier than a 6 yr old kid on christmas opening presents.... i set the box on my bed, went back to the router, not taking an eye off my macbook pro.... boom router was set up... i was STOKED! threw the box open, mouth wide open eyes big, opened up the laptop, set it on my lap, powered that puppy on, went through the setup, and the thing took my picture.... HOW AWESOME IS THAT. my face pops up on the monitor and it asks to take a picture...... BALLER.... bam system is up.... Oh snap what is this internet..... works right out of the box! HA windows do that. no config or anything, detection right away..... Fast, updated the drivers, and rebooted, INCREDIBLY FAST. The widgets, come and go INCREDIBLY FAST, Sure this book gets a little warm, but thats to be expected when you cram a 800 hp motor into a clean small engine bay.... its just expected, didnt run BLAZINGLY hot at all, got a little warm right under the keyboard, no where near the mag safe charger.

So i install a few widgets, the whole installing thing takes some time to get used to because when it would download something it would turn it into a Drive..... and put that on my desktop..... sooooo i took the contents of the drive and dropped it into the applications.... is that right? anyway if so thats crazy easy! so simple so fast! im in love.

This bit torrent widget, amazing, i install it and search for BT just to see how it works, BAM 18 Safari Windows open WITH EASE!!!!! no lag, i was super impressed, my 1 yr old vaio with a p4 3.2 hyper threading and 1.5 gigs of ram doesnt do that. this thing did, Heat stayed the same. ROCK!

Right now i dont even want to disgrace this machine by throwing windows on it in bootcamp.... I am in love, i didnt think id like it this much after reading so many discouraging reviews about Apples quality lately. Sure ive had mine not even 24 hours but im soo happy with my purchase. taking a 3k hit to the bank account hurt because i wasnt sure what i was getting..... Doesnt hurt nearly as much now because i feel that it was worth it. Speakers sound amazing! internet works great! i just need some program and need to know some cool things to download and set up. Any ideas? any programs out there that are a must have?

Thanks guys! :mac:

Reaction score
Can anyone else tell he's excited? :)

Brilliant :) Glad you like it so much. Wish I had the spare cash to go out and buy that bit of kit!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
next time put your cliff notes in the top because i was not going to read your thread until i saw that.

im glad you like your stuff!
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Congrats! I am glad you are enjoying your MBP. I totally love mine. :black:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.