Running the Internet on Boot Camp

S

Skooks

Hi guys,

Ive downloaded Boot Camp, and can get it up fine, etc.

Its just I have no idea on how to get onto the Internet. Not sure how to set it up or what to press. Any help is needed. Not sure whether I need to get info in the internet options in my mac, then transfer them into the Windows internet options or what

I have a Broadband internet connection, and i think its an Ethernet connection or something.

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15-inch: 2.66GHz
Have you ran the CD that Boot Camp prompted you to make prior to partitioning your drive? That CD will install drivers for both the on board Airport and the LAN cards.

OP
L

Logan

When you installed bootcamp, you get prompted for 2 DVD's.
One is a blank DVD you BURN Mac drivers on for Windows.
Second is your Windows XP SP 2 Disc so it knows you're ready to boot XP.

When XP finishes installing, and you are at a normal Windows login. You need to pop in that Mac Driver disc and an auto-run program should pop up. Once it finishes installing, you should have the drivers neccessary to get onto the internet.

Your setup sounds pretty standard (Ethernet "wired" connection with broadband) in most instances WinXP will detect these settings automatically (DHCP) and configure your internet to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.