Switch or not???

K

kcl2879

Trying to decide to switch or not.... the thing that's keeping me away from getting the 12"PB is the number of problems the superdrive and combo drive have in the PB/iB. I want to know, does the problems (unable to burn, dvd/cd doesn't play, and disk getting stuck in the slot, etc) occur more often on the superdirve than the combo?

Is the probability of getting a player with problems that great? cause from what i have read on this forum and other forum there are so much compliant about it.

Thanx for any help!!!!

OP
S

StarManta

kcl2879 said:
I want to know, does the problems (unable to burn, dvd/cd doesn't play, and disk getting stuck in the slot, etc) occur more often on the superdirve than the combo?

I have a PB with a combo drive....

doesn't burn - dunno, i've never had problems with it.
dvd/cd doesn't play - this has happened once to me with someone else's (PC user) burned DVD
disk getting stuck: i dropped my book a while ago, and there is a small crack on the drive that causes the disk to get stuck... but that's the only experience of this i know of. As long as you don't press against the top of the laptop where the drive is (i.e. resting your wrist on it) as the disk is ejecting, it shouldn't happen, crack or no crack.

Now if we could get someone with a superdrive to get a comparison from.....

OP
C

CMBlechar

I have a PB with super drive. Burns and plays just like is should. sometimes it has problems ejecting CD-R but if I go into the disk utilities and eject that way it works (only happnes 1 out of every 100 times). No other problems for me though.

OP
J

jonnyturner

ibook G4 933 here with combo - no probs at all (touch wood), burns/plays/ejects flawlessly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.