Not on the fence anymore

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
I decided that the iMac is really the right computer for me and the rest of my home crew, so I put the order in online last night. I wanted to buy it at the Apple store but they tell me the 20" iMac with the 256mb Vram won't be available anymore there, only online.

What really iced the decision is that I went to the Dell website and priced out what it would cost to build an equivalent with a 20" widescreen, a 250gb HD, video card, dual core processor etc... and it wasn't that much cheaper. Sure, you can get a much cheaper pc, but when you start adding things on it all adds up, and I wouldn't buy one of the cheap brands either.

I took the advice of others about the memory, and I'll buy it online and install it myself.

So now I'm psyched to get this thing, but it won't ship until next week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac
Congrats. I think you'll enjoy your new purchase. :)

Reaction score
Congratulations!! Great decision zacster to buy the 20" iMac. If you wouldn't mind tell me the specs you bought it with.

ENJOY IT!! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2GHz 250 GB 2 GB RAM 256 MB VRAM, 80 GB 5.5G iPod, 8 GB iPhone
The waiting is the hardest part of switching. Congrats though!

OP
Z
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
I ordered it with 256mb VRAM, otherwise stock with 250gb HD, 512mb RAM. There aren't all that many options. I'll add ram when I get a chance, but I took everyone's advice and will buy it separately online.

Reaction score
zacster said:
I ordered it with 256mb VRAM, otherwise stock with 250gb HD, 512mb RAM. There aren't all that many options. I'll add ram when I get a chance, but I took everyone's advice and will buy it separately online.

Good decision to take everybody's advice and not buying from Apple because they sell ram for double the price.

Congratulations Again!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Ya know, I forgot that I did this too. When I was in the final stages of the deliberations that led to me buying the Power Mac G5 I am typing on, I went to Dell's site and priced out as near an equivalent system as I could. The Mac turned out to be about $200.00 more overall, but against a $2500.00 or so price tag, that didn't seem all that significant for the extra value that Apple builds into the machines just in bundled software alone.

I had always thought that Macs were overpriced relative to their PC competition - I was shocked by how close this comparison was.

Anyway zacster, good move - you will enjoy your new machine after you get over the initial Windows->Mac OS X shock. Its about three weeks for me now, and I am loving it. ENJOY!

Reaction score
i guess i will compare for the first time right now and see the difference. the reason why macs are expensive because apple over prices their hardware, they should ease down a bit to attract more people.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.