buying 2 PowerMacs

S

ShadowZone

i posted a few days ago about making the PC to Mac switch. well.... it finally could be happening. the part that kills me is that i've been banging my head aganist the wall for 3 weeks trying get info the info to the right people so they could make a decision. our lead guy (who is hardly ever in the office) walks in, asks 2 questions, and then says O.K. AAAAAHHHH! thats it? thats all it took? 2 questions?!?!? they have this thing called e-mail. you could have e-mailed me these questions 3 weeks ago and i could have given you the answer and we'd be working on our new Macs by now!!!!!!!

o.k. deep breaths. so we're looking buying 2 Dual-core 2.3GHz PowerPC G5s. One for me to run Final Cut Studio and another for a co-worker to run Adobe CS2.

anyone see any glaring negatives about this? this will be my first Mac experience so i really can't see any negatives if there are ones to be found.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
we run both programs on similar mac. its fast and trouble free. make sure you get at least 2GBs of RAm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i dont see a problem at all with those two machines running those programs. you will want, like mentioned, at least 2gb of ram, i'd suggest maxing it out on your fcp machine

btw, your sig is too big as per forum rules
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.