My Imac G5 wont connect to my netgear router

S

shyless

I am having touble trying to connect my Imac G5 computer with my netgear dg834g router. My Pc, xbox 360 and psp connects to AOL broadband fine through the netgear router but my imac g5 for some reason wont anymore. The ethernet wire doesnt even light up on the router when i put it in through my imac g5. I bought a new wire but it still doesnt work or light up. However i can connect to broadband through my pc usb modem but that means i cant use my pc, xbox 360 or psp. Is the netgear router the problem or Is my ethernet port broken? Any suggestions please. I need to get this sorted.

OP
S

SephirothsNight

shyless said:
I am having touble trying to connect my Imac G5 computer with my netgear dg834g router. My Pc, xbox 360 and psp connects to AOL broadband fine through the netgear router but my imac g5 for some reason wont anymore. The ethernet wire doesnt even light up on the router when i put it in through my imac g5. I bought a new wire but it still doesnt work or light up. However i can connect to broadband through my pc usb modem but that means i cant use my pc, xbox 360 or psp. Is the netgear router the problem or Is my ethernet port broken? Any suggestions please. I need to get this sorted.

The fact that the ethernet light doesn't light up disturbs me. Have you tried plugging the XBox 360 or your PC into that port on the router to see if they still work?

Also, I had a similar problem with my iMac a few days ago. I had to plug in the ethernet cord, set the ethernet on my iMac to be dynamic, and then restart before it would work.

Just a couple things to try.

Hopefully it's helpful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.