Cutting a section out in Garageband

S

Steve1

How do I mark and cut a section out of a tune in Garageband. I want to cut section 60 to 121 and paste it in a new 'song'. I can't figure out how to mark the section and cut it..

Reaction score
Steve1 said:
How do I mark and cut a section out of a tune in Garageband. I want to cut section 60 to 121 and paste it in a new 'song'. I can't figure out how to mark the section and cut it..

Go to both sections 60 and 121 and go Track/Split track. Once you make those splits, you'll be able to cut that track and paste it somewhere else.

OP
S

Steve1

Hi,
I should have been clearer. I have a block of 7 instrument tracks and I want to cut and paste the whole block not one instrument after the other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
go to measure 60, select it, then select the track, hit command+t. Do the same at measure 121, and then select only the space between, hit command+c, command+v where you want it and that should work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.