Simple audio clipping

B

buckeyedoc444

Want to extract only small parts of mp3's in ITunes to insert into a slideshow I made in iPhoto. What is the easiest way to do this. Garageband seems to be for recording/manipulating new music. I only want little bits of different songs for a graduation slideshow.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac, 15" Powerbook G4 (sold), 20GB iPod (nearing death)
You can do what you are asking (If it's what I'm pretty sure you are) with garageband. You simply drag your song into garageband, adjust the length and what part of the song you want and do this for however many songs and whatnot that you want. Then click "share - export to itunes" then it will be available for use in iphoto. Hope this helped!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 OSX Tiger
you can also do it in iTunes. Click on the song you want to trim and hit command + i. Under the Options tab, adjust the start and stop times to the appropriate times. Then select the 'Convert Selection to' option and the new song will be the shortened clip

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.