anybody else besides me running Linux?

U

urbandryad

Sometimes I feel like a novelty because I choose to run Kubuntu Linux on my clamshell instead of Mac OS. I adore both systems, but I just find Kubuntu better suited to my needs.

A question: I'm getting ready to buy a new model iBook and I'm not sure if the warrantee on it would cover repairs if it had a non-Mac OS installed. >> When I get my iBook I mean to take care of it, but you never know.

Anybody else out there run Linux on iBook? What are your experiences? I enjoy having a nice desktop without a log of laggy loadtimes and bulk programs. But for people who aren't accustomed to a Linux system it would be a little daunting to properly configure it. Kubuntu/Ubuntu/Xubuntu are the best distros I've found so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
im pretty sure that you will be covered just dont expect them to be able to back up your system thats all.
plus your h/w can still be verified with a bootable version of osx that each store has anyway so i wouldnt worry about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.