Using Adobe in WindowsXP until next year.

J

jeannette

I'm a designer/adobe user in the "Do i buy a macbook pro now or wait?" quandry. I need a portable so i have to buy something. (Currently i have two desktops: mac and pc/windows.)

Now i've seen that MBPro can run windowsXP so i'm thinking that i can run my photoshop/indesign/illustrator in windows until CS3 comes out.

I haven't seen this mentioned before as a solution, so i'm wondering if it's a bad idea. anywone?

Reaction score
It will run Adobe products just as good as any system running Windows XP would.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
Ive been using CS2 on a macbook pro for the last few weeks at first I couldnt tell a difference, but when I started getting in it more and more I could tell it was slower. Its not a ton slower, but its noticable especially when you are messing with images. If you need a portable I think a MacBook Pro will be fine and when CS3 comes out, it will be even better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
I run it in windows and it screams

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
PunkRockTuba said:
Ive been using CS2 on a macbook pro for the last few weeks at first I couldnt tell a difference, but when I started getting in it more and more I could tell it was slower. Its not a ton slower, but its noticable especially when you are messing with images. If you need a portable I think a MacBook Pro will be fine and when CS3 comes out, it will be even better.

I agree with Tuba, Universal for Adobe should be early 2007, so the difference is only temporary until it's available. The sluggishness will be in effects rendering and what not. It's only because it's running through emulation currently. I recommend being patient. The best is yet to come. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4/ 15.2"/ 1.67 ghz/ 2 gb RAM/ ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 (128 mb RAM)/ 100 gb hdd@ 5400 RPM
Just do it now and run it in Windows. Then you can get rid of the Windows partition when CS3 comes out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
to_tough_to_die said:
Just do it now and run it in Windows. Then you can get rid of the Windows partition when CS3 comes out.

exactly. haha

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.