I decided to get the AirPods but I’m ordering them in a custom color. Pic attached

Reaction score
So after researching about this company and watching a couple of larger known YouTube channels endorsing colorware I have decided that I’m going to return my new Apple Series 3 Watch to have the available funds to purchase the factory done custom AirPods. They are quite expensive to order factory customized as regular price from Apple I’m standard white they run $159 but to order them with both the AirPods and their case painted and coated it’s goimg to run me $339. I’ve thought about this for some time now and I know they are quite expensive which is why I have only just thought about it hoping my desire for them would fade but it’s only grown stronger so I’m going to pull the trigger tomorrow after I return the watch at Apple. They will take one to two months to arrive but I’ll use them every single day so eventually I’ll get my money’s worth from them plus I’ve found I’ve not been really interacting much with my watch so I know I’ll definitely interact with AirPods way more and especially since they will be in my ultimate favorite two colors together. Here is a pic of what I’ve picked out.

756E4F37-A222-485F-B761-3B60B2FF51E6.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I wonder how much extra it would be to get the Airpods in Candy Apple Red and with a flame job on their sides??? They would match the modded '32 Duce nicely. :Smirk:

They just seemed to have various colors. Oh well. Opps, no, I just noticed there's an option for metallic and gloss finish. Neat.

- Patrick
======

OP
D
Reaction score
Actually I’ve not thought about that before. I know of a design I would like so I may send them an email now and ask if they will do custom designs especially on the case of the AirPods. Great idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually I’ve not thought about that before. I know of a design I would like so I may send them an email now and ask if they will do custom designs especially on the case of the AirPods. Great idea.

If you live anywhere close to a good custom auto-body paint or a sign shop that does air-brush or similar work I'm sure they would be glad to do whatever design you want. Heck, even a sign/graphics shop that does vinyl cutouts could probably do a pretty good smart job. Lots of options… ;)

- Patrick
======

OP
D
Reaction score
I’m a huge die hard Spider man fan. Since you posted originally and gave me the idea I immediately thought about having the case done in a Spider-Man suit design. I think that would look so awesome especially to me being a die hard Spider-Man fan. I’m a huge collector and I have tons of Spider-Man collection. So I was thinking about st least turning the case into looking like Spider-Mans suit he wears. I’m about to email them now! I’ll let you know what they say.

OP
D
Reaction score
So I’m actually going to go ahead and place my order today for my custom AirPods. I contacted them to enquire about custom designs which they said no and I also noticed that not with the best attitude I’ve ever seen but so I proceeded to ask a couple more questions let me say I’ve heard this company does really high end unbelievable work meaning my AirPods will 100 percent look like they came stock from the factory good. They do a complete disassemble of the AirPods therefore every minute detail is painted to stock perfection but I said that to say this. If a company is that good at what they do I assume that is why I was greeted with such snob like attitude which if you know me I say exactly what comes from my mouth actually without any type of thought. I’m a writer and I blog a lot so saying words without having to actually think about what I’m going say comes very easy to me so I politely set this person their place by asking them are they having a bad day or they just always a miserable person. Which one is it? Then I told them I’ve been a customer for a while and I have a YouTube channel and I’ve sent them tons of business over the past 6 months and I ask them would they rather me reach thousands of people saying colorware is one of the most terrible places to do business with or say I highly recommend colorware. You should definitely buy from them. Then I said you’ve not offered me a discount which I’ve not ask for nor have one time thanked me for my business and for also sending them a lot of other business. I said so you’d actually want me to promote just how bad colorware is over your attitude rather than send me an apology with a thank you for your support and all the business you’ve sent our way? No response for quite a good while then a few minutes ago I got an email form this person who seemed to be one of the nicer people I’ve dealt with over an email before. See this kind of attitude pisses me off. I was set to order my AirPods which I know I want but now I struggle whether to give them my money over this persons snob like terrible attitude. Then get this. If I want to pay to have my AirPods be rushed listen to how much it’ll run me. Lol. My guess was maybe around $100 bucks plus or minus. Not even close. Their rush fee which is two to three weeks instead or 7 to 8 weeks is $500 dollars!! So to pay to have them rush it costs more than the actual AirPods do at $339. That right there is now why I totally struggle whether to order the ones I want or not now. I could understand $100 to $150 but $500 dollars is stupidly insane to the point that they seem to only be targeting a certain monetary demographic and that in lies the issue I have. Sure I can afford it but I would be the most stupid person on the planet to pay $500 dollars on top of the already marked up price due to the top of the line custom work they do. It took me a while at $339 price they have to come to terms with it and actually be okay about ordering some. When I found out that they charge $500 to rush them which to me that is outrageously high and sounds like nothing but greed. So it makes me now have rethink my what I thought to be definite purchase. I do know I will no longer promote them nor even mention them again in a forum post, blog or my YouTube channel for three reasons. One their snooty attitude. Two how hard it was for them to we thank you for your business and for the business you’ve sent to us and three they actually on their site have a place you can select to pay an additional $500 dollars to put a rush on your order so the idiots who actually select that nowhere even close to a reasonable rush fee are paying $875 dollars for $159 retail set of Apple AirPods. If I paid that much cash just because I wanted a certain color would mean money is of no object to me and I wonder if that is their primary demographic level in which they target. To me that makes me sick to see all the greed behind that but on the other hand they do very high end detailed work which was why I finally was willing to pay the $339 price bc I know it’s a pretty detailed process to disassemble the AirPods then paint and coat them down to every single little detail which they do it the real and right way which is to make them be no different than them being made from the factory stock in a different color so I understand the $339 price after I did a lot of research to actually find out their process which is very detailed and thorough. I’ll just wait 7 weeks on mine. Believe me I want them sonner than that and I would have paid $100 extra dollars for it but $500 makes me not want to do business with them. That is nothing more than flat out price gouging I think even though it’s an option but why not be somewhat reasonable about it. Who in their right mind even if you are a wealthy person would pay $875 for just a different color set of AirPods? Wow

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm…??? It sounds like Barnum was quite correct with his quote about there being one born every minute.

Anyway, I've already suggested alternate places to get just as good a job done and maybe even at a better price, and with a better attitude.

BTW: did you check out the actual address for
ColorWare, Inc.
2050 W 4th St.
Winona, MN
Have a look with Google Maps and it leaves me rather wondering. Not exactly a light industrial area, but matbe some guys/gals backdoor garage.
55987https://www.google.ca/maps/place/2050+W+4th+St,+Winona,+MN+55987,+USA/@44.0597815,-91.688847,17z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x87f97290d73b1243:0xaa8625ca735bf0e8!2s2050+W+4th+St,+Winona,+MN+55987,+USA!3b1!8m2!3d44.059768!4d-91.6887773!3m4!1s0x87f97290d73b1243:0xaa8625ca735bf0e8!8m2!3d44.059768!4d-91.6887773

Note: As "a writer", I thought you would know, but you might want to use some punctuation and more paragraphs to make you one long paragraph easier to read.

As for your plans, I'd be doing a lot more research on the company and their work, and check some reviews, and not just some of the paid-for review-ads:
https://www.google.ca/search?client...F-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=R445WprqEMTM8gfl3J3wCg
and even:
https://www.bbb.org/minnesota/busin...-in-winona-mn-96000510/reviews-and-complaints

And adding to what you said,
on top of the already marked up price due to the top of the line custom work they do.
Have you actually seen samples of their "custom work" yourself???

Good luck.

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Note: As "a writer", I thought you would know, but you might want to use some punctuation and more paragraphs to make you one long paragraph easier to read.

I will second what Patrick stated. You posted a "wall of text" which will likely be passed over by most forum members. Patrick has more patience than I have if he read all your post. Please break up your posts into easily readable paragraphs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Yes, please use the return key to make a new paragraph - please. I like to read your posts but it is hard when everything runs together.

I have Airpods - the plain old white ones. I do like them but since I have hair that covers my ears and no one sees them, I don't have a color preference. Plus the price - for me - is too much. I tend to get bored to easily and pass things on to others (NO Sly - I still like them and plan to keep them, for now. ;D )

I really do not like companies that are rude. I will not deal with them as there is always someone else who is glad to have my business. I don't like anything that much to put up with rudeness.

Lisa

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Plus the price - for me - is too much. I tend to get bored to easily and pass things on to others (NO Sly - I still like them and plan to keep them, for now. ;D )

Darn I thought I was maybe getting a set for Christmas.;D You got any connections with this Santa Claus person I keep hearing about? If so, put in a good word.

Actually I've put off buying them due to a combination of cost and the fact that most earbuds don't stay in my ears very well.
I really do not like companies that are rude. I will not deal with them as there is always someone else who is glad to have my business. I don't like anything that much to put up with rudeness.

Lisa
Have to agree there. If a competitor doesn't have what I need there's always Amazon and eBay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Actually I've put off buying them due to a combination of cost and the fact that most earbuds don't stay in my ears very well.

I have the same problem with most earbuds. I have been pleasantly surprised that they just kinda hang in my ear. I was worried I would loose them but so far no problems.

I will tell Santa you have been a good boy this year Sly. O:)

Lisa

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

I have to strongly agree with that. I deal with all sorts of people in my line of work and while some do not always like what I have to say, I try to be as polite to them as I can. The fastest way to ruin a good testimony is to act like a grouch.

BTW, Lisa.... I had a chance to play with an iPhone X at Sam's Club the other day. I have to admit I was impressed with the clarity and color. The only thing that set me back was the price. They were, however, offering some nice discounts but it meant activating a new service. My wife and I are on the T-Mobile senior plan which runs $60.00/month for unlimited everything for two lines and includes all taxes. I do not want to switch. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My wife and I are on the T-Mobile senior plan which runs $60.00/month for unlimited everything for two lines and includes all taxes. I do not want to switch. ;D

I get where you are coming from. I don't qualify.... for T-Mobile! :D My home security system uses wireless service and it came with a T-Mobile module. They had to send me a Verizon module. The station could not "phone home" on the T- Mobile module. (T-Mobile has the iPhone X O:))

The Face ID has proven to be my favorite feature.

Lisa

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have the same problem with most earbuds. I have been pleasantly surprised that they just kinda hang in my ear. I was worried I would loose them but so far no problems.

I will tell Santa you have been a good boy this year Sly. O:)

Lisa
That's good to know. I've been wanting to try them but the fit, and of course cost, have been the holdup.
Thanks for putting in the good word. I must have been somewhat bad last year.

OP
D
Reaction score
Hmmm…??? It sounds like Barnum was quite correct with his quote about there being one born every minute.

Anyway, I've already suggested alternate places to get just as good a job done and maybe even at a better price, and with a better attitude.

BTW: did you check out the actual address for
ColorWare, Inc.
2050 W 4th St.
Winona, MN
Have a look with Google Maps and it leaves me rather wondering. Not exactly a light industrial area, but matbe some guys/gals backdoor garage.
55987https://www.google.ca/maps/place/2050+W+4th+St,+Winona,+MN+55987,+USA/@44.0597815,-91.688847,17z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x87f97290d73b1243:0xaa8625ca735bf0e8!2s2050+W+4th+St,+Winona,+MN+55987,+USA!3b1!8m2!3d44.059768!4d-91.6887773!3m4!1s0x87f97290d73b1243:0xaa8625ca735bf0e8!8m2!3d44.059768!4d-91.6887773

As for your plans, I'd be doing a lot more research on the company and their work, and check some reviews, and not just some of the paid-for review-ads:
https://www.google.ca/search?client...F-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=R445WprqEMTM8gfl3J3wCg
and even:
https://www.bbb.org/minnesota/busin...-in-winona-mn-96000510/reviews-and-complaints

And adding to what you said,
Have you actually seen samples of their "custom work" yourself???

Good luck.

- Patrick
======

A lot of the time when I post or when I blog I tend to leave paragraphs out. Always have as I find them to be two totally different forms of writing and I don’t do it because I’m lazy or don’t know any better rather typically when I blog especially I just write without thought and it turns out to be on giant long tangent rant to informative blog.

Anyways I’ve not seen any in person but one of the most notable YouTube channel and person highly endorses them and has shown in detail their work and spoke in depth about their process they take with each pair of AirPods. It pretty intense. I was highly impressed with the attention to every single little detail as they totally nail it with these which is why they are expensive.

I’m not sure if their overworked or the man or lady whom I spoke with was just having a bad day but after I ask them if they rather me reach thousands to let all those people know of the attitude I’m getting and the price gouging you are attempting to do with the rushing of production that I’ll be glad to tell this story instead of sending customers your way. Their attitude did change to being much more nice a welcoming.

I’m still on the fence and I’m not concerned whether if they do a top notch job or not because I’ve seen several different review videos of finished product and pictures from other customers and their thoughts about them and all have praised their work. It’s now just a matter of do I want to keep my Apple Watch or order some custom color AirPods.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I’m still on the fence and I’m not concerned whether if they do a top notch job or not because I’ve seen several different review videos of finished product and pictures from other customers… …

I just wonder if you have ever seen the excellent work of some airbrush/brush artists and what they can do and just maybe an alternative for you to consider???

I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't as good or better work for a cheaper price, (not a concern for you apparently), but probably a lot faster and with a nice good attitude as a bonus extra. ;)

- Patrick
======

OP
D
Reaction score
I still have not ordered them yet. I’m still bothered by the person behind the email and how he or she came across to me. Plus my deal on the rush price is I’m okay with having a price to rush the production. That’s perfectly fine but to make almost twice as much as the product is that you’re buying that just does sit well with me so I’m still on the fence. I have a cheaper pair of wireless earbuds that are such a pain to pair. I would love to get the AirPods because of the simplicity of how easy they pair and I’m really a huge fan of color. Especially Reds and Blues so it would be really awesome to have the AirPods in the exact colors that I wanted. To me it would actually make it fun to just use them by of their colors but those couple of emails really just turned me off and I really wish I could just say I will take my business somewhere else but that option is out so I’ll have to continue to think it over.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your advice and feedback. I ended up deciding against colorware from their attitude they had and I went for the series 3 Apple Watch. So far I do like it but at first I found that I was barely interacting with it so I ended taking it back but only to then reslize how much I missed and I went back and re-purchased it. Here’s a pic of it on one of my two additional bands.

369E382F-50A5-4DE7-AFF0-BE243DADAA55.jpeg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I went back and re-purchased it. Here’s a pic of it on one of my two additional bands.

Sort of a nice Christmas present to yourself I guess.

I hope you enjoy and get some good use with it.

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.