PDA

View Full Version : CDs not playing on iMac.

cslogg
11-20-2017, 11:24 AM
I created two audio CDS from mp3s on a Wndows laptop.
They played fine on that but when trying on my iMac I got the message that I had inserted a blank cd.
Any idea where I went wrong?

RadDave
11-20-2017, 01:41 PM
They played fine on that but when trying on my iMac I got the message that I had inserted a blank cd.

Hello - please provide some additional information: 1) How did you 'burn' the CDs on your Windows laptop (e.g. using iTunes); 2) Did you use CD-Rs or CD-RWs; 3) What iMac do you own (assume has a built-in CD/DVD player/burner); and 4) Do other discs, like regular CDs, play in your iMac? Answers to these questions will help in responding. Dave :)

cslogg
11-20-2017, 02:53 PM
I used CDBurnerXP on a WIN10 machine.
CDRs
I have a mid 2010 iMac 27" with High Sierra os
Regular cds do play on it.

RadDave
11-21-2017, 06:33 PM
I used CDBurnerXP on a WIN10 machine.
CDRs
I have a mid 2010 iMac 27" with High Sierra os
Regular cds do play on it.

Thanks for the additional information - just a few more questions: 1) Since upgrading to High Sierra, do your regular CDs play; and 2) Do other MP3 CD-Rs play? You should also have a 'new' version of iTunes - check the settings shown below (from my MBAir w/ High Sierra newly installed) - Dave :)

pm-r
11-21-2017, 10:16 PM
CDs not playing on iMac.

What is showing on the CD when you look using the Finder?

Are they actually files and with an appropriate Mac extension?

- Patrick
======

chscag
11-21-2017, 10:29 PM

The reason it happens is because you probably did not "close" the audio cd. It will play on your PC but not on the Mac because a CD that has not been closed does not contain a finished TOC and is expecting more to be added to it.