PDA

View Full Version : I've been hacked?

Ruud
11-09-2017, 04:12 PM
Hello my computer is hacked and ask for password
apple can free it with a firm password but the wand the original bil .whitch is on this computer.
and the company where i bought ir is taken over bij Apple . so apple can tel me when and where i bought this computer .
But the do not wand to help me .:Shouting:

chscag
11-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Apple will not assist you unless you can prove to them the computer is yours. That means you will have to provide them a sales receipt to prove ownership. Only Apple can clear a firmware password that has been set.

If you can not prove the computer is yours, you are out of luck and stuck with a computer that does not work. Sorry, but that's the only advice we can give you.

Ruud
11-09-2017, 05:53 PM
strange is not a good service
im can prove that i pay this computer (bank notes) and Apple knows all from this computer

chscag
11-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Like I said above, you have to prove the computer is yours. Apple will only accept a sales receipt or credit card receipt showing the computer and its serial number. The company that sold you the computer should give you a refund if the machine is locked with a firmware password. Apple does it this way because Apple products are very high items for thieves to steal. Especially, MacBook Pro machines and iPhones.

Ruud
11-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Yes as i say before i can prove that i pay for this computer .

chscag
11-09-2017, 07:25 PM
If you can prove that the computer is yours and that you paid for it, Apple will remove the firmware password. Remember, that you need a written receipt that shows the serial number of the computer.

Cr00zng
11-10-2017, 09:15 AM
If you can prove that the computer is yours and that you paid for it, Apple will remove the firmware password. Remember, that you need a written receipt that shows the serial number of the computer.

Would the Apple online order number and credit card number used be sufficient for unlocking purposes? The email confirming the order is also on my system and both, email address and phone number listed in the email are still active. On the other hand, the email does not show the serial number, but it does show up with my Apple ID.

While there's no need for unlocking my MBP, can I get an invoice with the serial number from Apple? Also, does the same, receipt with serial number, apply to iPhone and other Apple devices?
TIA...

chscag
11-10-2017, 09:16 PM
All Apple orders whether on line or in person will refer to a serial number. That's for a Mac, iPhone, iPad, and whatever else that Apple normally stamps with a serial number. Otherwise how would Apple know that your Apple product is still covered by warranty or Apple Care?

As for an invoice.... everything I have purchased from Apple, they have sent me an invoice by email that included the serial number and date of purchase. Sometimes I received both a written copy and email version.