PDA

View Full Version : .JPG images not showing Preview image on the desktop (Mac OS 10.10.5)

AnthonyS
10-30-2017, 01:11 PM
Hello all,
Just recently when I download images from Google (using FireFox) to my desktop, the .JPG extension seems to be left off the image name and the icon shows a blank image. I feel like I must have hit something (key command) that took off that feature. Is there a way to fix it?

I know I can manually add the extension .JPG to the image, but I've never had to do it before.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

mrplow
10-30-2017, 01:28 PM
Just so we know where the issue lies can you try the same in Safari and Chrome (if you have it). That way we can say OS issue or browser issue.

Raz0rEdge
10-30-2017, 01:56 PM
In addition to trying multiple browsers, does the original file (wherever you are getting it from) contain the right extension? The file names of the files seems a bit odd, so it might also be a matter of where and how you are downloading the files from.

AnthonyS
11-20-2017, 01:48 PM
OK, so I just used SAFARI to download an image from Google. The .JPG extension is there and the IMAGE shows in the preview.

So it seems it's something with FIREFOX.

Now, what might that be, I have no idea. I don't know if I turned something off.

AnthonyS
11-20-2017, 01:50 PM
95% of the time I'm downloading images/logos/clipart from Google using FIREFOX. I'm using the updated version of Firefox Quantum 57.0. I don't know if I hit an "F key" and may have turned off a feature in FIREFOX that causes the .JPG extension to drop off.

rana019
12-08-2017, 02:46 PM
I am having the same problem, Firefox Quantum also. Seems like dragging an image to the desktop is dropping the file extention. If I right-click save to desktop the image is these.
Anyways, I hope that this issue was resolved and that someone can help me out with this. Thanks.