PDA

View Full Version : Iphone and Car speakers

sandman
09-25-2017, 11:08 PM
Hi all
So here is another one of my interesting thoughts.

I've checked the net, and did not find an answer, not that there is not one.

in my 50 yo car, the tube radio does not work, and I'm not into buying a new radio for up to
$500.. of course I can have mine rebuilt for about $300.
But what about using Blue tooth speakers and broadcast from my Iphone? Has anyone done
this or does anyone know if this is possible

Let me here from you
Best

chscag
09-26-2017, 12:28 AM
I loved the sound from those old tube radios. Lots of good rich bass and mellow highs, not something you get nowadays unless you spend a couple of grand on a good sound system for your car.

Yeah, the BT speakers and iPhone idea should work. But finding decent powered BT speakers for your car might be a challenge. Good luck with it.

Rod Sprague
09-26-2017, 12:45 AM
I have a Bluetooth Bose Colour SoundLink which I have used in a car. It has a long battery life and can play while charging. Of course it is only one speaker but excellent sound. The outlet I bought it from tells me a car charger is available for it, the type that plugs into a cigarette lighter. It even has hands free phone answering caperbility.

sandman
09-26-2017, 10:00 AM
Hi guys
Thanks for the info
At least I know it has been done... a radio is not something I think about often
but I was just on a 700 mile road trip and those dead zones for radio, and although
I could have just played the Iphone, it would be a little quiet compared to the wind rushing by..
I was figuring that someone has made a Blue tooth booster, Or a usb to Blue tooth
that would work.. I don't mind running wires but blue tooth is so much cleaner......
Anyway thanks,
If you come up with anything post it.
Dave