PDA

View Full Version : Back again!!

Jonzjob
08-25-2017, 06:11 PM
Ahhh, the forum is back again! I had tried all through the day on Wednesday and although I could bring up the forum main page when I tried to get into any of the sub forums I was told that there was a known problem and to try again later.

Well, it's later and I am glad to say hello again. I would also like to wish all you guys in the path of Harvey the very best of luck !

Good luck to all of you!!!!! Keep yer heads down!

chscag
08-25-2017, 09:12 PM
We had a data base hiccup John. Somehow, the data base gets wonky and the forum software goes down and becomes unresponsive. Kind of reminds me when our 360-50 used to crash and everyone would run around the computer room like chickens without their heads. LOL.

Jonzjob
08-26-2017, 07:27 AM
I know just how it feels Chas:Confused:

I get those attacks at times and not always after the lubrication medicine of red stuff :Mischievous:

360s ! I remember them well. All those flashing lights and that wonderful golf ball system printer :o:o

And repairing toroidal core memory cards with the HUGE capacity of anything up to 2k ! I had a job on the 360 90 at Liverpool University when it was being sold to somewhere in Africa. It had 4 huge frames, each holding 1/4 meg of toroidal core storage and 2 had been used as spairs for the other 2. My job was to repair the 2 'christmas treed' frames ! It took me 3 months and I was totally cross eyed after that! I also remember working on the hydraulic driven disk drives too! Bloody oil everywhere! It was a nightmare!

Oh what joy?

rosario1990
11-16-2017, 10:19 AM
Welcome back to the community mate. Enjoy!

pigoo3
11-16-2017, 11:21 AM
Welcome back to the community mate. Enjoy!

You just replied to a 2.5 month old post (August, 2017).;) The OP has visited Mac-forums MANY times since then.:)

- Nick

toMACsh
11-19-2017, 08:54 AM
But I had the same problem as described in the OP yesterday (11/18/17)!

Slydude
11-19-2017, 12:03 PM
Yes. We've had a problem for 2 or 3 days. At first I thought it was something specific to my system but apparently not.