PDA

View Full Version : Can't Bulk-Save Size-Adjusted Images in Preview (Must Re-Save 1-by-1!)

trevor25220
08-21-2017, 01:50 PM
I highlight all (on the left side-bar) and size-adjust multiple images in Preview, then Save. BUT when I try to close the Preview window I am frustratingly prompted to Save each and every image (to close the Preview window) which should have been bulk-adjusted in size/orientation/whatever. There is no 'Save All' option. Only seems to have started doing this with the Sierra upgrade. Snow Leopard was fine. Anyone else notice this? Any solution? Thanks.

P.S. I checked the many Youtube videos for this simple operation but my Mac simply does not follow their routine and simple procedure. What could this glitch be caused by?

chscag
08-21-2017, 10:24 PM
Did you try holding down the "Option" key when you pressed Save?

trevor25220
08-22-2017, 02:53 PM
Did you try holding down the "Option" key when you pressed Save?

I still don't get it. I select all, resize all, save all (I tried both the 'File' drop-down box, alt (option) key & cmd-key) ... then try to close the preview window ... but it prompts me to save each and every file, one by one, until it will finally close the box. With a lot of files this takes ages!

It seems not to be acting as it should and as YouTube videos instruct. Is there any further action I could take, short of booking in with an Apple shop for assessment? Thanks.

trevor25220
09-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Thanks. The App Store had some problem today that I could not download your App.

(7 Sep) Post with App link has disappeared. Can members delete their own posts?

rickkellogg04
12-03-2017, 09:57 AM
I resize 50 to 300 images every day for the work that I do. Preview crashes when the number of images get high. I use Photobulk. It's simple and fast and doesn't seem to have a problem with the number of images.

ferrarr
12-03-2017, 10:10 AM
What about if you try Apple+Q”(Quit)? Try it with only two files at first, to see if it works?

trevor25220
12-10-2017, 01:32 PM
I open 4 images. Resize. Save all. All are thumbnails highlighted in blue (but system keeps switching them off). X window off ... then have to save - save - save (3 out of 4 ... the last one it seems saves automatically) -- just to get rid of the window. Snow Leopard saved all seamlessly. The price of progress.

trevor25220
12-10-2017, 01:40 PM
What about if you try Apple+Q”(Quit)? Try it with only two files at first, to see if it works?

Ok ... I get ... "You have 4 Preview documents with unconfirmed changes. Do you want to review these changes before quitting?" YES! It closes the damn window. Why the F does MacOS High Sierra think I need to re-check all the changes I just made? A better prompt would be "Have you saved a copy of your original image" prior to resizing.