PDA

View Full Version : Screen capture

Reinyrooster
08-17-2017, 04:19 PM
What is the equivalent for my Mac for the Windows control and "P" to generate a screen print, or screen capture? If it matters, I am not using the corded Apple keyboard....bought a wireless Logitech.
Thanks

Raz0rEdge
08-17-2017, 04:25 PM
CMD+Shift+4 to select a region. If you want to capture a specific window, then CMD+shift+4 and then hit the space and the icon will switch to a camera option..

Read all the incarnations here (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201361)..

Reinyrooster
08-17-2017, 05:14 PM
I'm at work right now so not near my new keyboard but I don't believe it has the CMD key. IF not, any idea what the equivalent would be ? Thanks

Raz0rEdge
08-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Not possible to have a Apple keyboard without the CMD key. Everything works off the CMD key. You have two of them actually..

Reinyrooster
08-17-2017, 06:18 PM
No, what I'm saying is I am NOT using an Apple keyboard, so I don;t know if there is a key on a windows keyboard equivalent to the command key.

bertsau
08-17-2017, 06:28 PM
On a generic USB keyboard the Alt key works as Option, and the Windows key works as Command. The positions of those two keys are generally reversed from a mac keyboard, so some people swap the function of those keys in the OSX control panel.

Reinyrooster
08-17-2017, 07:48 PM
That worked! Thanks again everyone for responding.
I think I now have the best of two worlds! I like the Apple keyboard but wasn't happy with the mouse......went out and bought a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse but then realized I lost some of the simple functionality of the Apple keyboard.....then I realized the Apple mouse is NOT hardwired to the keyboard as I initially thought. So now I have the usb mouse plugged into the wired Apple keyboard and have the best of both, in my opinion.

Thanks again everyone for your quick responses.