PDA

View Full Version : No green, yellow, red buttons in Lightroom program

photogal
08-15-2017, 11:20 PM
I have a MacBook Pro, using Safari as my web browser. ALL other programs except Adobe Lightroom have the red, yellow, green buttons on the top left. I've tried Escape, restart, hovered my mouse over the "Lightroom" logo. Nothing brings them back. No problem with any other program.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

harryb2448
08-15-2017, 11:25 PM
If you are trying to Quit the program, try Command + Q.

pm-r
08-16-2017, 12:21 AM
Try google:
https://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Adobe+Lightroom+window+mac+no+close+button&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=0riTWd37Is3e8AffubpA

and maybe some sites for suggestions like this:
https://www.lightroomforums.net/threads/no-close-minimize-or-maximize.26725/

It seems Adobe hid some things and it depends on the version it seems.

- Patrick
======

nickyr
08-16-2017, 07:05 AM
Strange???

I'm using LR (the creative cloud edition) on my iMac and MBP and the buttons are present on both screens.

Have you tried the different modes under the Window option in the menu bar?

IWT
08-16-2017, 05:07 PM
@photogal

Long shot, I admit; but I wonder if you are in Full Screen Mode when you use Lightroom?

So, when in Lightroom, can you see the top menu bar and the Dock at the bottom? If yes, then I'm probably wrong.

If no, then move your cursor to the top of the screen and hover, the top menu bar should appear and you then have these options to exit Full Screen Mode:

Click on green button-

Click on View, and from drop down menu, select "Exit Full Screen"-

The third way, you appear to have tried, which is to use the Esc key on your keyboard.

I'm probably wrong, but worth a try.

Ian

photogal
08-16-2017, 06:26 PM
YES! Thank you! Under the Window menu, "Normal" was not checked. I had looked everywhere but there! Thanks again.

Strange???

I'm using LR (the creative cloud edition) on my iMac and MBP and the buttons are present on both screens.

Have you tried the different modes under the Window option in the menu bar?