PDA

View Full Version : 2 factor authentication

Jim Kirkby
07-25-2017, 05:17 AM
I set up 2 factor authentication for my iCloud on my Macmini. I now cannot use my long time password to log on to my Macmini. I have no problems using mi iPad.

michelangelo
07-25-2017, 10:58 AM
I set up 2 factor authentication for my iCloud on my Macmini. I now cannot use my long time password to log on to my Macmini. I have no problems using mi iPad.We lack information to help you, I believe. If the forum cannot assist you, you may want to talk by phone with Apple support : <https://getsupport.apple.com/>, start by selecting the mac and aim for support by phone. You need a phone and an internet connection to do that.

First, gather useful information and write it down in front of you:

For your account on your macmini: login and password.

For your iCloud account (Called AppleID): login (like john_doe@mac.com) and password; three security questions and replies (those you used before moving to two-factor authentication); your date of birth (always useful to remember); your secondary email address (to use to recover your primary in case the primary gets lost); your iCloud keychain 4-digits security code (that is the one you set-up when you set-up keychain sharing, I believe).

Apple support is great. They do screen sharing but do not take over commanding you mac as Microsoft or my ISP do. HTH.

Jim Kirkby
07-26-2017, 04:01 AM
Thanks for the fast response. I have prepared the necessary information and will begin the road to recovery.

michelangelo
07-26-2017, 09:25 AM
Tell us how it went. We do not want to leave you in the blue.