PDA

View Full Version : iMac stop playing iTunes at exactly 7:40am every morning

joshlabtech
07-23-2017, 11:59 PM
Hi,

i have a iMac MacOS Sierra, and I have been playing music from itunes 24/7 all day long. However, I realize that at exactly 7:40pm; my tunes will automatically stop playing music for reasons i don't know why.

I am an IT guy so I would like to help solve this asap.

Please advise.

Thank you.

badshoehabit
07-24-2017, 08:07 AM
I'm not an IT guy but wonder if you have configured 'do not disturb' somewhere along the line.

joshlabtech
07-24-2017, 09:48 AM
Hmm.. I dont get it.

Slydude
07-24-2017, 10:13 AM
I don't have an answer for this yet but I do have a few questions that might help clarify things a bit:

1. I assume this is happening on your Mac and not on an IOS device correct?
2. Is iTunes playback the only thing that is affected or do other things shut down/stop as well?

joshlabtech
07-24-2017, 10:59 AM
Hi Slydude,

Thanks for responding again. I notice that you are very proficient in mac.

1. Yes, this happens only on my iMac MacOS Sierra. In fact, before i came to this forum i tried searching for answers, but all answers i could find are related to iOS, not mac which is different.
There is no downloaded app that causes the stop.
2. Only the iTunes stop. No other things stopped. I was wondering could it be a bug in itunes, or can i reinstall the itunes app?

Thanks.

Raz0rEdge
07-24-2017, 11:22 AM
Is the playlist set to repeat, and if so, it is continuous repeat or single repeat? Does the playlist contain enough songs to surpass a 24-hour period?

joshlabtech
07-24-2017, 10:44 PM
Is the playlist set to repeat, and if so, it is continuous repeat or single repeat? Does the playlist contain enough songs to surpass a 24-hour period?

The playlist is set to repeat however, I have thousands of songs in this list, it looks like infinity just by scrolling. It will not be able to repeat play just within a 1-2days.