PDA

View Full Version : what app runs this forum?

Ttaylor394
06-28-2017, 11:22 PM
I used to have this forums app on my iphone, and I cannot for the life of me find it in the app store.

Still out there? Or defunct now..

TIA

lclev
06-28-2017, 11:32 PM
There use to be one and I think some of the members still have and use it. I had it for a while then deleted it as I found it frustrating. I later went to look for it again and could not find it so I assume when the forum changed owners they did not support the app. That's my best guess. :D

Lisa

Slydude
06-29-2017, 12:09 AM
That's pretty much it Lisa. The app in question was developed when iNet owned/ran the forum. I don't think it had been updated even before the change in ownership. I think it still works for members that have a copy around. It's likely to become a moot point soon. IOS 11 is not going to continue to support 32 bit apps and I bet this is a 32 bit app.

It is possible to access the forum via Safari on IOS devices.

chscag
06-29-2017, 12:26 AM
I used to have this forums app on my iphone, and I cannot for the life of me find it in the app store.

Still out there? Or defunct now..

TIA

The Mac-Forums iOS app is no longer available in the iTunes app store. It was developed by iNET and is based on TapaTalk. However, since the forums were sold to Penton several years ago, the app is not being developed. And as mentioned by Slydude, it will not work with iOS 11 as the app is 32 bit and iOS 11 requires apps to be 64 bit.

chscag
06-29-2017, 12:30 AM
It is possible to access the forum via Safari on IOS devices.

Not really on an iPhone. Trying to read and reply using a browser to access the forums on your iPhone is possible but not practical. I can do it easily using my 10.5" iPad Pro and Apple Magic Keyboard but there's a big difference between an iPad and iPhone.

Slydude
06-29-2017, 12:42 AM
Not really on an iPhone. Trying to read and reply using a browser to access the forums on your iPhone is possible but not practical. I can do it easily using my 10.5" iPad Pro and Apple Magic Keyboard but there's a big difference between an iPad and iPhone.
How right you are Charlie. I should have thought of that.