PDA

View Full Version : How to delete a user with mobile config

Daguerre101
06-20-2017, 11:29 AM
Hi,

I need to delete an account but I just can't even with full admin rights. A particularity of that account is that it was created from Active Directory. I think that is why it is considered a mobile account (see picture)

My question is how do can I delete that account for good? I have no options to do that.

Thanks for your help
Dag

chscag
06-20-2017, 09:29 PM
If the account was created from within Active Directory, have you tried going into Active Directory (if you have permissions) and remove it that way?

Daguerre101
06-21-2017, 09:18 AM
Removing an Active directory account does not remove the local account on a computer at least with windows OS. The other problem is that this account is still needed because it is linked to other software (Outlook for example).

chscag
06-21-2017, 03:41 PM
OK, I understand now. You likely will have to log on to your Mac as Root to remove that particular user mobile account. That should not have any impact on the account itself but only the user (which is what I think you want). Ordinarily, you do not have permissions to remove an account created for mobile use.

Follow these instructions (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012) (in English) on how to enable the Root user on your Mac.