PDA

View Full Version : Menu Bar

timkins
06-17-2017, 09:57 AM
When I am in full screen the Menu Bar only shows when I take the cursor to the top of the page. How do I get the menu bar to stay on all the time without moving the cursor to the top?

badshoehabit
06-17-2017, 10:59 AM
You can't when in full screen mode because that's what it is - full screen.

MacInWin
06-17-2017, 12:05 PM
But you can open the app in a window and then drag the edges of the window to fill as much of the screen as you can, which will give you ALMOST a full screen display and the menu bar.

harryb2448
06-17-2017, 05:30 PM
You have two options. Enter Full Screen or Exit Full Screen.

I nhate bto tell you this but they are the only two options.

pm-r
06-17-2017, 07:46 PM
You have two options. Enter Full Screen or Exit Full Screen.

I nhate bto tell you this but they are the only two options.

Unless of course one was to use Jake's suggestion for ALMOST full screen mode. :Smirk:

- Patrick
======

toMACsh
06-18-2017, 08:44 AM
This used to bug me as well. But, there's really no value in being able to see the Menu Bar at the top while I am typing or reading content in the window. And, of course, when I do need the Menu Bar, it appears as soon as I move my cursor up there. I'm acquainted enough with the order of things that I can almost go the the right spot to get the one I want without being able to see it ahead of time.

Another option is to hit the Esc key to exit full screen mode, making the Menu Bar appear. Then when you're done using it, hit the green button to go back to full screen. It is however not an option, as mentioned above, to redesign how full screen mode works, at least not for users who are not software engineers. ;)

pm-r
06-18-2017, 03:16 PM
Another option is to hit the Esc key to exit full screen mode, making the Menu Bar appear.

Except for those with some of the latest Mac portables that lack the Esc key or it disappears from the bar. :\

But for those with it still available, I thought hitting the esc key always took the full screen back to the original smaller size window. At least it does on my Macs.

- Patrick
======

MacInWin
06-18-2017, 10:55 PM
Patrick, you are correct on the Esc key, as is toMACsh. The Esc key exits full screen back to whatever the window was before full screen was invoked. And the menu bar appears.