PDA

View Full Version : Apple working on a money transfer mechanism?

Raz0rEdge
04-28-2017, 11:36 AM
Transferring money quickly amongst smart phones is something that isn't new, Venmo is the big name here. Even WeChat (used a lot in China) is how a lot of people pass money along. Apple is looking into getting into this game as well..

The advantage Venmo, WeChat and other players in this space have is that they are agnostic about the device (iOS or Android) being used..but Apple's solution will obviously be only for the Apple ecosphere, gotta wonder what kind of adoption it will garner..

Read more: https://www.recode.net/2017/4/27/15412404/apple-venmo-competitor-money-transfer-cash-peer-to-peer-service

badshoehabit
04-28-2017, 11:56 AM
Not sure - for me it would have to have to have safeguards, like PayPal which is my preferred way pf paying online (good too for transferring money overseas to family without excessive charges). I am very reluctant to employ swipe with debit cards.

chscag
04-28-2017, 03:47 PM
Also along with what Ashwin posted, there is a strong possibility that Apple will issue its own Visa Debit card and offer cash back credit on purchases. And you'll be able to do it all from your iPhone.

I am very reluctant to employ swipe with debit cards.

Most debit cards nowadays should have a chip embedded in the card itself. I know that both my personal and business cards have that. Requires some extra steps when making purchases with them but as long as it results in a safer transaction, I don't mind.