PDA

View Full Version : Running Windows Applications on a Macbook Air

andrewtbennett
04-13-2017, 04:50 PM
Hi
I have a 13" Macbook Air. I want to be able to run Microsoft Flight simulator. I have this program on an external hard drive. What would be the best option for running the flight simulator. I only have 60GB left on my Mac's HD.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Raz0rEdge
04-13-2017, 04:52 PM
Your best option to run that is to use Windows. The MBA is not a good machine for running virtual machines on, so you'd have go down the BootCamp route to install Windows natively on it and then install the flight simulator. You'll need a get a copy of Windows 10 for starters and lose a good chunk of that 60GB of storage to make Windows happy..

You might be able to grab a cheap Windows computer and use that instead..

harryb2448
04-13-2017, 04:59 PM
When I needed to don this I purchased a Dell Latitude Notebook. Your hard drive is not large enough alas.

Rod Sprague
04-13-2017, 11:51 PM
Yep, I agree, get yourself a cheap or second hand Windows PC. Boot Camp which is really your only choice requires you to purchase a copy of Windows OS which will set you back around half of the cost of a second hand Windows Laptop. Plus the min size of a Windows partition on your MBP would be at least 50Gb and you only have 60.