Amplitube in Logic Express?

S

skitz92

Hey I was wondering whether it is possible/ how to use logic express as a guitar amp. Not for recording, but to play through and have it come through the speakers live.

If anyone could give me instructions on how to do this I would be forever it debt.

Thanks
~Dylan

OP
M

macaudiodj

Yes, you can, all you do is hook your guitar up to some type of pre-amp, then the pre-amp to the computer, set logic for that input channel,click the record button on the track, put your plug-ins on, and crank it up!

Do you all ready have logic? Because there are cheaper/easiler ways to do it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
if you dont have Logic, you could just use garageband. it has mostly the same pre-amp models. although u would have to use some sort of pre-amp to feed a decent signal into logic or garageband and just arm the track and you should hear it. if you want to do it because you have no other amplification what so ever, then you will have a very weak signal being fed in, and then the whole thing is pointless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.