PDA

View Full Version : My 2016 MBP doesn't see my external superdrive; WHY?

Lisel Schwarzen
04-08-2017, 08:09 PM
I'm trying to rip several disks to my iTunes collection, and I cannot find my superdrive in order to download a collection of disks I would like to keep in iTunes for playlists.

It is connected via USB 3.0, and has a disc inserted, but I cannot get it to download. HELP

chscag
04-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Welcome to our forums.

Which superdrive do you have? Is it an Apple Superdrive? If it is, make sure the drive is not upside down - the Apple emblem must be facing down not up. We have seen this a number of times. If the drive is not right side up, it will not work which means your 2016 MacBook Pro will not see it. Let us know.

Lisel Schwarzen
04-08-2017, 09:35 PM
Well..... It has now started working..... by magic! Thanks

Rod Sprague
04-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Magic! I must remember that one.

RadDave
04-09-2017, 02:02 AM
Welcome to our forums.

Which superdrive do you have? Is it an Apple Superdrive? If it is, make sure the drive is not upside down - the Apple emblem must be facing down not up. We have seen this a number of times. If the drive is not right side up, it will not work which means your 2016 MacBook Pro will not see it. Let us know.

Well..... It has now started working..... by magic! Thanks

Well Lisel - welcome to the forums! :) But please tell us if Chscag advice did the magic? If not, what else did you do? Thanks - Dave :)