PDA

View Full Version : Large Zip file won't complete download

MacLover2011
04-08-2017, 01:08 PM
I have a large zip file that won't complete it's download on my iMac. It's several GB large. I'm using the latest OS X edition.

I'm trying Safari now. The first attempt on Safari list the network connection. I am doing the second attempt and it's up to 235 MG so far. My other attempts on Firefox failed.

I am download the Zip file from my Flickr account.

By the way, can large Zip downloads be trusted to download ever image?

Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

Thanks

harryb2448
04-08-2017, 05:24 PM
What type of file are you trying to download?

Whilst Macs will handle .zip files, it is more usual for Mac files to come as a disk image, or .dmg files. El Capitan as it appears in your avatar is now behind the times with OS X.12.4 being the latest.

MacLover2011
04-09-2017, 04:55 AM
What type of file are you trying to download?

Whilst Macs will handle .zip files, it is more usual for Mac files to come as a disk image, or .dmg files. El Capitan as it appears in your avatar is now behind the times with OS X.12.4 being the latest.

I'm trying to download images and videos from my flickr account. They are all working fine expect for this one large file which is a few gigs.

chscag
04-09-2017, 01:21 PM
You may be experiencing connection issues downloading a file that large. It's also possible the file is corrupt which is why it will not complete the download.