PDA

View Full Version : No password reset emails EVER arrive

colinet42
04-06-2017, 12:46 AM
When I forget a password and request a link to reset it, I NEVER. NEVER, NEVER get an email. The site - any and every site act the same - say they have sent an email to my web address, but no email arrives and yes, I have checked my trash and junk mail boxes.

This happens on my @icloud (also @me and @mac) account and also on my @bigpond.com account (Bigpond is the main Australian ISP)

It is very frustrating.

chscag
04-06-2017, 02:40 AM
Since that seems to be occurring with every site, did you ever consider that perhaps it's something on your end that's causing it? None of our other members seem to have a problem with receiving the password reset message. And that includes the many members we have that post from Australia.

Also, we moved your post here as it's really feedback and has nothing to do with the operating system.

pigoo3
04-06-2017, 03:28 AM
Agree with chscag. With that many issues...it's almost got to be a problem on the user end.

- Nick

harryb2448
04-06-2017, 05:58 AM
Leave Australia out of it. No need to show your spleen coz we won't let you guys in to escape the Trump!!!!!!

Well if you ask for an email and then can't access the email as you can't remember the password the best suggestion is to contact Telstra (Bigpong to we Aussies) and try to understand their technical staff in Manilla, Phillipines.

I seriously suggest you change your ISP to a more Mac friendly service, such as Internode, and my ISP Aussie Broadband.