PDA

View Full Version : podcast

k_rubens
03-17-2017, 01:09 PM
Hello. I am in need of some help. Myself and some friends are setting up a podcast and decided to use my Imac. i have borrowed a friends mixer for the mic's there will be 3 of use the mixer has the same cable as a printer out of the back but when i plug it into my mac nothing much happens. Is there some where i should be looking or doing something so i can get it to work. Thank

Raz0rEdge
03-17-2017, 01:14 PM
What mixer? What does "same cable as a printer" mean? Is it a USB connection?

Slydude
03-17-2017, 08:24 PM
the mixer has the same cable as a printer out of the back but when i plug it into my mac nothing much happens. Is there some where i should be looking or doing something so i can get it to work. Thank
I assume that you mean the mixer connects to the computer via a usb cable. If that's the case try the following:
1. Connect the mixer to a port on your Mac. In theory you could connect through a usb hub but personally I avoid that.
2. Connect the mics you are planning to use and power up the mixer if it is not already on.
3. Go to System Preferences and open the Sound pane.
4. In the input section there is probably now an entry that you haven't seen before. It probably says something like USB Audio Codec. Choose that.

You may need to fiddle with the mixer's settings a bit to get things right. You will also need to change the settings in your audio program as well.