PDA

View Full Version : video so choppy

ccally15
02-22-2017, 08:58 PM
I used my phantom 4 pro for the first time today and when i went to go edit it and speed the footage up it was unwatchable. it was unbelievably choppy. i am shooting at 4k 60fps. can someone please help me

pm-r
02-22-2017, 09:30 PM
Have you checked with the Mac phantom 4 pro web support site or called their support line???

What was the normal un-speeded up footage playback like??

- Patrick
======

joema
03-03-2017, 08:11 AM
I used my phantom 4 pro for the first time today and when i went to go edit it and speed the footage up it was unwatchable. it was unbelievably choppy. i am shooting at 4k 60fps. can someone please help me

4k is 4x the data of 1080p, so unless your computer magically got 4x faster overnight it may be choppy and drop frames. If you are editing with Premiere Pro or FCPX you may need to generate proxy files to provide smooth editing on H264 4k content. See the documentation for each app. If your editing software does not have proxy capability you will probably need to externally transcode the content to a lower compression codec before importing and editing. I think the Phantom 4 Pro can also use H265 -- I would advise not using that since it is difficult to just play back smoothly, much less edit.