suspicious activity?

Reaction score
Hi,

Im curious if my processes seems legit, Ive had an intrusion so im somewhat paranoid.

/flav

Skärmavbild 2017-02-08 kl. 17.43.08.png

Skärmavbild 2017-02-08 kl. 17.43.26.png

Skärmavbild 2017-02-08 kl. 17.43.39.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Nothing looks suspicious, however, you have two agents running that are going to use unnecessary resources:

1. AVG (Not needed because there are no in the wild viruses that can infect your Mac)

2. Little Snitch (too many notifications and false positives)

All you really need is to run Malwarebytes (free) once in awhile and use common sense.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As chscag suggests, uninstall AVG. There are no OS X viruses and this is a real resource hog.

Little Snitch can cause huge problems. I would imagine you have come from the Windows world.

OP
F
Reaction score
Appreciate such a quick answer.
What does (too many notifications and false positives) suggests?

M

MacInWin

"Too many notifications and false positives" is just a description of how Little Snitch works. It triggers warnings for totally innocent things that are not nefarious at all, giving you too many false alarms. It doesn't "suggest" anything except that it's overly aggressive at reporting every action as if it were a major breach. And because of that false warning, you get used to ignoring the alarms so when (if) it does see something you might really care about, you dismiss it a "just another false alarm." I had it installed for about a week before I killed it. Bottom line, unless you are doing international banking or expect Russian hackers to be looking for your mail, you don't need Little Snitch.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I look at Little Snitch more as a traffic reporter than a malware protector. It just tells you whenever an app wants to phone home or use your Internet connection. If you are on a limited bandwidth plan then this greatly helps in isolating users of data. However, almost all apps are Internet-connected these days so you'll get a lot of popups that might freak you out and make it seem like you have an issue while you really don't..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.