copy web content to word document

Reaction score
Hi all,
Love my new iBook, use it everyday for work/ play... But... as an old windows user I am used to "Select All" "copy" and "paste" into new word documents. I was trying to copy some phone numbers from the web to a document and all I got was the whirling wheel. I finally figured out how to force quit. So...1) How do I transfer web content? and 2) what do I do when I get the whirling wheel, besides a force quit to end an application?
Thanks for your help, bobolinx

Reaction score
can you highlight the numbers? if so, do an apple + c and apple + v, just like windows control + c and control + v to copy and paste, respectively

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Don't forget Command+A for "Select all".

Command, by the way, is the button with the apple on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
I just highlight the text I want to copy and drag it to the desktop where it automatically gets transformed into a text file.

When I have finished dragging and dropping all that I want, I then sort it out and copy it into word if needed - although the necessity to copy it into word is not there really unless you want to use fancy text.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Intel Core Duo 17" A Little Piece Of Heaven
You have to love a Mac, I don't care what anyone else says.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4, 1.5gb RAM, 40gb HDD
Kyomii said:
I just highlight the text I want to copy and drag it to the desktop where it automatically gets transformed into a text file.

When I have finished dragging and dropping all that I want, I then sort it out and copy it into word if needed - although the necessity to copy it into word is not there really unless you want to use fancy text.

That is awesome! I had no idea it did that. Thanks!

OP
B
Reaction score
tried your advice, still force quit

First, thank you for your advice. It is a relief to be able to ask about simple tasks when I realize many of you are busy writing code and reconfiguring your computers where I will never go! Anyway, I tried the command keys again but... still the whirling wheel. could this be due to safari/MSWord incompatabilities? Then I tried to drag the content from this forum and it wasn't moving anywhere. Do I have bad dragging technique? I have noticed differences in using the selection and dragging before.
Thanks for your patience. bobolinx

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.