PDA

View Full Version : Apple Account Phishing Email

M_Six
01-19-2017, 10:49 AM
Hi Folks,

I got an email today from "do_not_reply@apple.com" telling me that my security questions have been changed and if I didn't make those changes to click on the link iforgot.apple.com and reset my password.

Hovering over the link, iforgot.apple.com URL shows up as happynet.ru. Obviously it's a scam.

Just a friendly heads-up.

IWT
01-19-2017, 12:27 PM
Thank you for that. There are lots of these sorts of things around.

I'm pretty sure that if you checked the spelling or grammar or, indeed, the way you were addressed, you will find irregularities.

Ian

RadDave
01-19-2017, 12:40 PM
Agree w/ Ian - suspect the guy below was anxious for that new password! ;) Dave

M_Six
01-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Actually this was a very well done email. The one irregularity is that they cited an Apple account attached to an email address of mine which I never used for an Apple account. The email address was valid, but it wasn't used to open an Apple account ever. Still, not everyone has a half dozen email accounts like I do. :D

nickyr
01-24-2017, 04:45 AM
I had a similar email - looked legitimate - from Apple stating that my Apple account had been used to order something from Apple on line and to click on a link if I hadn't made the purchase. As I say it looked very professional other than the fact that the email address it was sent to has nothing to do with my Apple ID or account.