PDA

View Full Version : Round and round zzzzz

iBloke1959
01-14-2017, 08:10 AM
My son is trying to log into his iCloud account and it keeps telling him the password etc is incorrect. To reset the PW etc it's telling him apple has sent him an email to reset the account. SO HOW IS HE GOING TO GET THAT EMAIL WHEN HE IS LOCKED OUT APPLE?? Another way to get in was to answer the security question.... " what is your birth date", you guessed, it's telling him it's wrong lmfao.

badshoehabit
01-14-2017, 08:36 AM
Better minds here than mine but try clearing history, cache and cookies. If Apple sent him an email like this it would be in his mailbox, not in ICloud.

Slydude
01-14-2017, 12:08 PM
Are you saying that the email address that he has Apple sending the password recovery info to is the same Apple account he is having trouble getting into? I thought the email address they required for password recovery had to be different.

BTW is he trying to access the account from Windows? My wife has had a similar problem under both Win 7 and 10.

ferrarr
01-14-2017, 03:20 PM
I believe there is more to the story. Start with providing more information, like how is your son attempting to change his password.

I have two separate Apple ID's, one is from 10+ years ago and was set up using my Hotmail email account, and the other is my iCloud account. How was your son's Apple ID set up?

iBloke1959
01-15-2017, 07:03 PM
Thanks for all the help. Some how it's all sorted now. Many thanks.

Rod Sprague
01-16-2017, 01:33 AM
If he uses his Apple email address for recovery or password reset then he should have at least that account in an email client like Apple Mail. This is what I do although I do have a secondary email account with Apple at gmail. This means a little duplication for me but if he is relying on the iCloud online site to access email from Apple that would cause problems if he loses/forgets his Apple ID.
If his iCloud email account is accessible through Mail then he will always receive reset links via that account because the password has already been entered. After changing it of course the email account will need to be altered to reflect that.