PDA

View Full Version : Do not want "apple verification"!!!!!

fireman0174
12-31-2016, 11:44 AM
Somehow in a recent upgrade my Apple Verification was activated in spite of the fact I DIDN'T WANT IT!!! My MacBookPro.

How to I get ride of the Apple Verification step. PLEASE!! :Angry-Tongue::Angry-Tongue:

IWT
12-31-2016, 01:19 PM
Yes, I understand. Several folks, including myself, have posted here about looking out for 2FA during an upgrade. It is checked "on" by default and it is so easy to hit the "continue " option and find yourself setting it up.

I am not on or near my Mac at the moment but I'm reasonably sure that what you do is sign into your Apple account with your Apple ID then go to account information or settings and turn it off.

You will want to do this on your iDevices as well.

Ian

lclev
12-31-2016, 04:01 PM
This is from the Apple site on two-factor authentication:

"To turn off two-factor authentication, sign in to your Apple ID account page (https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin) and click Edit in the Security section. Then click Turn Off Two-Factor Authentication. After you create new security questions and verify your date of birth, two-factor authentication will be turned off."

Lisa

IWT
12-31-2016, 06:51 PM
Thanks Lisa. I was trying to recall the exact procedure from memory. I wasn't far out.

Ian

lclev
01-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Oh I understand. The older I get the more I appreciate Google. ;D

Lisa