Transferring music from iphone or ipod to NEW phone

Reaction score
Howdy,

I used to use "Pod to Mac" to copy tunes from ipod and put on my MAC. for some reason this no longer opens on my MAC (10.11.2). I downloaded and used this app without restriction for FREE. Now, I see all the apps have restrictions until you pay 30 or 40 bucks PER YEAR for the app. not so keen to do that. I upgraded from a 4s to an SE and would like to move things from phone to phone, some of which are not in my itunes library. Any suggestions? Anyone know a transfer app that is truly free?

thanks,
david

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP i7 mid 2012 macOS 10.12
Unless I'm missing something, backing up the 4s to iTunes and restoring the SE from that backup should move the music from phone to phone. Use a local encrypted backup for the most complete transfer.

OP
P
Reaction score
Right, but I don't necessarily want ALL the tune transferred. And you can't do that with the old ipod I have. one of these apps I think would be best...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@pothypine:

I highly recommend iMazing 2 which has received raving reviews by Macworld Mag. I also own a copy and can testify to its usefulness. However, it's a bit pricey at $39.99. I just noticed they have their Xmas sale on. 25% off the regular price.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.